Welcome to the Physics of Water course!
The course will introduce the strange world of water, and provide you with a taste of physics while doing so. We will explore water under the microscope, play with the different states of water, and experiment with mixtures; explore surface tension and capillary motions; talk about diving and buoyancy. We will follow great inventors of the past, spill and splash, and make waves. There are no pre-requisites for the course, and everyone 8+ years old is welcome!
|Introduction to physics and atomic theory|
List of Materials
Physics of Water – List of Materials
You may want to collect the materials ahead of the class, and put it all in one box/drawer for easy storage.
- Hand-held mirror
- 2-cup volume transparent measuring cup/beaker
- 1-cup volume transparent measuring cup/beaker
- Paint and brush
- Transparent glass of water
- Drinking straw
- Tennis ball
- Lego figurine or a toy of a similar size
- Magnifying glass
- Cardboard box (shoebox)
- White paper
- Vegetable oil ( Wesson)
- Small cucumber/baby carrots
- Dry peas
- Kitchen detergent
- Pyrex glass beaker/ glass from your kitchen ( about 9$ on Amazon)
- Glass eye dropper
- Concave mirror ( from IKEA, etc)